Loving all God's people


" That is why since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all God's people, I have not stopped giving thanks to God for you. I always remember you in my prayers ..."

Ephesians 1 : 15 - 16

Monday, January 23, 2012

filling up the LOVE tank





If I could have interviewed Jesus back when he walked the earth, what would I say ... 

I could have done a 60 minute special ... asked the hard hitting questions ... been the IT journalist in BC.

But the one question I have today is ... Why am I always running on empty?


Why can I read Ephesians and hear about the power that we have through Jesus ... yet still feel like these words are for everyone else, not me ... or I start off with such momentum and find the energy to sustain me diminishes fast.


Yet as I am writing this, the aha moment just hit ... it is not about me ... it is about putting Jesus first.  Not only asking Him for the power but continually asking Him to top up my tanks ... to fill up my Love tanks so that I can keep on being kind and patient and Loving.  Because in my own strength it is not possible but with God all things are possible.

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge - that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
Ephesians 3:16-19

I am going to put this verse up on my inspiration wall ... to begin a year of Love ... with putting God first.

Feel the smile this brings to your face ... now think of someone who needs love and encouragement ... send them some Love.

Be blessed and be a blessing 

Teena

...

No comments:

Post a Comment