Loving all God's people


" That is why since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all God's people, I have not stopped giving thanks to God for you. I always remember you in my prayers ..."

Ephesians 1 : 15 - 16

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

What a Difference ...



What a difference 4 months makes!

If you had known my lifestyle 4 months ago you would not recognize me today.

... to look in my fridge today ... I have fruit and veggies and healthy food ... my freezer has homemade soup and homemade meals ready to go ... baked goods in my Tupperware.

... coming from last year with an empty fridge that had milk and cheese only ... and occasionally left over pizza ... a loaf of bread in the freezer ... I was a takeout queen who ate ANYTHING as long as I didn't have to cook it (what a difference 4 months makes).

What caused such a drastic change was a year of being very sick and finally ending up in Hospital ... only to find out that I have an allergy to dairy and eggs.  Thus a drastic change of diet ... So the girl who never cooked has become a chic who bakes and cooks every weekend.  I have learned to go shopping for food and read labels ... I call myself  the vegan who eats meat ...

But all jokes aside, it is so important to look after your health.

I am so thankful for the internet ... being able to Google recipes and look up information on allergies.

Vegan sites have been my saving grace ... and have got me through many tear filled tantrums.
I can go to a vegan restaurant and know I am in safe hands. (though the first vegan restaurant I went to, I drove the waiter nuts ... until he finally shuddered 'You Can Trust Me' ... poor guy ... I was just so nervous)

My appreciation for the time it takes to prepare and cook has been awakened.  Those working mothers out there that shop and cook for their families are amazing.  Well done and be blessed every one of you!  I only have to look after myself and that is hard enough for me.

Also my understanding of what it is I am eating and putting into my body, has gigantically improved.  The amount of additives and preservatives that are in foods is jaw dropping.  Fresh fruit and Veg win hands down every time ... So much easier for my body to digest.

So please look after your health ... go see your doctor if you have concerns about your health ... be good to your body ... it is the only one you will get!

Be blessed and be a blessing

Teena
 
...

No comments:

Post a Comment