Hey everyone ...
Jesus is always my starting place ... though sometimes my ego does have a very loud voice and gets in the way.
Whenever my mumble grumble gets out of control, Jesus reminds me
'Hey ... It's all about me'
I seem to get so involved in what I can get out of something, I often forget what I am blessed to give ... this is when the neon flashing lights go off and I need to have a big hang out session with God and realign my attitude ...
How easily I get distracted and forget but also how quickly I remember what it feels like to be near Him.
In a blink of the eye, I remember his smell, his voice, his presence with me ... nothing beats a good worship session to get back in the zone ...
Today I wrote a list of everything that reminds me of Jesus and who He is to me ...
- wonderment at creation
- rainbow miracles
- my one true constant
- lush green grass
- sunshine through the kitchen window
- good coffee on a winters afternoon
- laughing till you cry
- feeling someones heart breaking and handing their hand till the pain passes
- feeling exhausted
- showing me, myself at it's worst
- showing myself at my best
- words that rhyme and make me smile
- the emotional roller coaster of lack and abundance
- the sense of reassurance you get when praying for some one
- the cloak of invisible protection
- a crystal clear pure voice singing on it's own
- how the tides ebb and flow all over the earth
- the birds chirping to greet the sunrise
- lightning in the distant sky and the crack of thunder
- honeycomb pieces in vanilla ice cream
- the echo that comes back in a valley
- the genius of how the human brain works
- the unknown in life
- seeing the good come out of something bad
- walking past a bakery while they are cooking
- the smile you see on someones face, when they are glad to see you
- the ability to learn to walk again against all the odds
- playing with your puppy in the backyard
- the colors created when burning different minerals
- the courage people show in difficult situations
- He is my everything ...
I am truly blessed to be a child of God ... a gift available to everyone!
My list just goes on and on ... What is your glimpse of God?
Let me know ...
Be blessed and be a blessing