Loving all God's people


" That is why since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all God's people, I have not stopped giving thanks to God for you. I always remember you in my prayers ..."

Ephesians 1 : 15 - 16

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Who are you investing time into?



When I think back to my school years I can remember the teachers I loved.  I remember them not because of the high grades they gave me ... far from it ... I was so not good at school ... and my grades barely scraped through.  I remember them because they encouraged my good points and watched me shine.

An English teacher that encouraged my love of creative writing ... a primary teacher who oozed care and compassion and music ... a home economics teacher that supported my creativity ... stretched my commitment to being better and aiming higher.

SO for me today is about keeping my eyes open and when I notice someone doing something they love ... smiling at them ... have a conversation about how it feels to be in the zone ... asking them how they discovered their talent ... letting them know how special it is to do something you love ... and before leaving making sure to encourage them to continue.

Take time and invest into someone ...  encourage and support the people around you ... to live out there dreams.  I have always had this desire to help people realize their own potential ... to walk beside people as they grow in their relationship with Jesus and grow up into their own Christ heart ... watching as they discover what it is that God has gifted them to do ...

Opportunities have come my way many times and although at the time I often don't realize what is happening ... I just go with the flow of a friendship ... it is not until after a period of time has passed and when looking back do I see the process.

It is very similar to watching a caterpillar cocooning into a butterfly.
'Let go and Let God'... His Hands can do unbelievably amazing things ... and I am just Thankful that I get to be part of His plan.

Blessed beyond Belief.

Teena

...

No comments:

Post a Comment