Reflecting on Faithful followers of Christ, Mother Theresa came to mind. The quintessence of Love and Compassion coming from a Jesus Heart. Her life was dedicated to faithfully following Christ and serving the poor in India.
" Prayer begets faith, faith begets love, love begets service."
Some amazing random things I wanted to share about this awesome woman of God.
- The world knew of her humanitarian deeds and gave her a Nobel Peace Prize in 1979.
- Her birth name was Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu (gonxha meaning "rosebud" or "little flower" in Albanian) was born on 26 August 1910, in Üsküb, Ottoman Empire.
- She left home at age 18 to join the Sisters of Loreto as a missionary. She never again saw her mother or sister.
- She experienced what she later described as "the call within the call" while traveling by train to the Loreto convent in Darjeeling from Calcutta for her annual retreat. "I was to leave the convent and help the poor while living among them. It was an order. To fail would have been to break the faith."
- In 1982, at the height of the Siege of Beirut, Mother Teresa rescued 37 children trapped in a front line hospital by brokering a temporary cease-fire between the Israeli army and Palestinian guerrillas. With Red Cross workers, she traveled through the war zone to the devastated hospital to evacuate the young patients.
Such Faithfulness brings light into all dark places and encourages us all to walk the walk. Keep on keeping on, in all things and be faithful in the small things because God will always be watching your back ... this I know for sure.
Be blessed and be a blessing